Can I join this project?

Sep 12, 2009 at 7:41 PM

Hey Darick, I came across this project and the video encoder project today and was very intrigued and impressed. For sometime, as a hobby, I've been building a WPF C# application as a lightweight interface for a MyMovies collection. My application is probably very basic compared to what you are used to, but I'd love to help with this project if any is needed. I also wouldn't mind sharing my current application as a fun side project. Let me know.

-Mike

Coordinator
Sep 16, 2009 at 4:54 AM
Thanks for checking this project out. I'm actually in the process of expanding this project. I've created a media center plugin using silverlight and have expanded the Manager application a little. I've merged the manager and trailer download as well as importing the movies from the my movies xml into the database which makes loading quicker and allows for editing the data or adding the data from different sources. I'm just trying to work much of the bugs out before I post the project. I may re-create the mcml media center plugin too, so there would be the choice. I really like the silverlight one though, it is so much easier to write and looks so much better with much less effort. For an example of how it mostly looks you can check out another application I wrote to show off some of the stuff it uses: http://www.darickcarpenter.com/samples/previewme/. This application can also be used in media center and is meant to be used with a remote, but can also be navigated using mouse or keyoard (go back using the browser back button or the backspace or escape key). The silverlight stuff works on the xbox, however it isn't as smooth, since it is rendering about 9-15 frames/sec. So that is why the mcml version might be better for some people.

As far as joining, that is fine with me. I have just never done it before, so I'm not sure how or how it works. Mostly I could use help with the mcml plugin or adding editing functionality to the program. This would be helpful since I have a lot of things going on, it is hard to find time for it all.

Anyway, thanks for the interest and let me know what you think.
Darick

To: [email removed]
Date: Sat, 12 Sep 2009 12:42:01 -0700
Subject: Can I join this project? [MyVideoViewer:68745]

Hey Darick, I came across this project and the video encoder project today and was very intrigued and impressed. For sometime, as a hobby, I've been building a WPF C# application as a lightweight interface for a MyMovies collection. My application is probably very basic compared to what you are used to, but I'd love to help with this project if any is needed. I also wouldn't mind sharing my current application as a fun side project. Let me know.
-Mike

Hotmail: Powerful Free email with security by Microsoft. Get it now.